Walk Like a Queen

Adam Thornton has become a tourist in his own city. He has just embarked on a self-imposed project to "rediscover his home turf" on foot. His plan is to board the city bus at the main terminal, ride it to its last stop, then get off and walk home on a more scenic route taking pictures and notes along the way. He has accomplished two such journeys thus far and plans to eventually do every bus route his city has to offer.

I think this is a fabulous idea!! To paraphrase Adam, by doing this you can see parts of your city you otherwise wouldn't consider even existed. And the exercise! Just think of the mileage on your pedometer. I think this could be the next big eco-tourism trend.

Adam is also a drag queen available for hire as party personality "Muffy St. Bernard". I love this crazy world.

Now get on that bus and walk!

Check out Muffy's blog for the latest walk-home chronicle:

Also see the story that inspired my entry:
http://news.therecord.com/article/242373

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, first I thought you photoshopped my face into that picture, but now I realize it's just another creepy queen!

    ReplyDelete