Tap Water Drinkers Anonymous


I never drink tap water. I've been steam-distilling my own drinking water at home for more than a decade. I aquired a taste for the stuff after sailing the Great Lakes from head to toe, noticing (or perhaps tasting) along the way what poor stewards we've been of one of the world's premier fresh water supplies. Recently, when my little water distiller broke down, I was temporarily forced into drinking the fluid the city provides me at my kitchen sink. Tap water. Putting the hideous flavour aside (no pleasant notes of vanilla or oaky finish here), my wife commented that whatever the water lacked in flavour we could at least rely on it being safe. There was, after all, that thing in small-town-Ontario a few years back that forever reformed municipal water quality. Right? Well the very next day an article appeared in our local paper, "UNTREATED WATER REACHED TAPS". The day after that I was at the store buying a large bottle of purified water. Caveat Emptor folks. Even at the kitchen sink. http://news.therecord.com/article/228041

No comments:

Post a Comment