the quest for a reusable coffee sleeve

I admit, I don't always bring my own cup for java. I know, I know. But after I wash it, sometimes I simply forget to slip it back into my purse. So while I'm feeling guilty about the disposible cups, I figure I can at least keep a reusable coffee sleeve around.

And so began my quest. I've seen custom embroidered sleeves, thermal couture sleeves, and my personal favourite: an elegant earth-toned cuff from Vancouver-based Bentwood that you can wear and then slip around your to-go cup. It's georgeous AND made from reclaimed architectural veneer offcuts, so no trees are being felled.

But at $68 CAD, the price tag is a little too steep for me. So I'll keep looking. Then next on the list? Chopsticks! From PlanetGreen: "According to a recent article in the Wall Street Journal, roughly 63 billion pairs of disposable chopsticks are churned out each year in China alone; the vast majority of those have a one-way ticket for the trash can."

No comments:

Post a Comment