Loblaws to offer garden centre recycling

The fact that most flower pots and flats aren't recyclable (or is it that they are and municipalities won't?) was posing a bit of a conundrum for me. With the advent of spring comes gardening and in my case, some new plants were needed...plants which come in pots that must be put in the trash, if no other use is found for them. Yuck.

I was at a garden centre the other day and, much to my delight, I discovered that Loblaws claims to be the first major retailer in Canada to offer customers the option of returning pots and flats for recycling.

The flats and pots are currently made from 50% post-consumer recycled plastic.

Rinsed pots can be returned for recycling to all their Garden Centres between May and July.

President's Choice Lawn & Garden

No comments:

Post a Comment