Dear Dr. Bronner: I think You are a NUTCASE but I really like your Magic Enviro-Soap


This past fall while on a camping trip, I was delighted to discover that one of our frequently used camp items, a refreshing peppermint 18-in-1 camp soap was distributed through the proprietorship of a complete Crackpot! This astounding realization was brought to me via the rantings on the label of a brand of soap called "Dr. Bronner's 18-in-1 Peppermint Magic Soap"

His label had hundreds of words of fine print with such claims as, "Stalin was a greater mass murderer than Hitler.", "Have courage and smile my friend. Think and act 10 years ahead! And the man without fault? He's dead!" and basically cleaning the world and filling minds with the “Moral ABC of All-One-God-Faith”.

While I quickly spread the news to my fellow campers (who seemed less impressed than I), the soap was soon forgotten on drive home for the last camping trip of the season, not to resurface until the spring. Or so I thought...

In my recent experience at a particular yoga studio (see article) I was fortunate enought ot ome across Dr. Bronner yet again amoung the facility's wonderful array of enviro-cleaning products.

Not wanting to waste my good fortune, I went staright home to do some research on this enterprising doctor.

My findings included:

  • Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap (their most popular) has Organic Peppermint & Mentha Arvensis Oils. It creates an exhilirating tingly-cool body space and increases vitality and clarity.

  • They have other kinds: lavender, eucaliptis, tee-tree, baby mild, and almond

  • Dr. Bronner is not a real doctor; self-proclaimed becuase of his superior soap-making knowledge

  • Dr. Bronner also has a line of organic suncare and hemp-based Alps snacks

  • He was quoted saying to his son "RALPH, YOU ARE NO SON OF MINE IF YOU DON'T GO TO RUSSIA AND TELL THE LEADERS ABOUT THE ALL-ONE-GOD-FAITH"

  • Dr. Bronner has passed on. On his site under His Story is quotes his name as: Dr. E.H. Bronner 1908 -1997
    A Life Dedicated to God, Mankind and Spaceship Earth

  • I am not joking.

Though some may joke and tease, I think that Dr. Bronner's son summed it up very nicely by saying, "While we disagree with Dr. Bronner on some idiosyncrasies in his philosophy, we revere him for his efforts to unite humanity and his exhortations to lead a more responsible life in respect to our environment and each other."

Soaps and other products can be purchased online at their website: http://www.drbronner.com/

Other amusing articles about Dr. Bronner can be viewed at: http://www.drbronner.com/articles/Chicago%20Tribune.pdf



I promise you WILL NOT be dissapointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment